Engineering network audit
Analysis of the life support systems real estate property
One of the services provided by Jumis HB Ltd. is audit of engineering networks (hereinafter - the audit). The purpose of the audit is to survey object’s internal networks (electricity, water supply systems, etc.), to determinate of their status, compliance with applicable regulations, to uncover defects and irregularities, to undertake necessary measurements. Based on audit results, a report is generated containing the necessary documents, including inspection reports, charts, calculations, as well as recommendations to correct the detected violations. Content and scope of the audit is negotiated with the Customer. If Customer cannot determine what should be included in the audit in advance, we propose standard auditing protocol (standard format) developed by Jumis HB Ltd. Audit can be performed for the entire network or only subsystems within the network. During the audit, customer can request to audit additional components (which were not covered by the original audit contract), as well as request additional corrective work to eliminate the detected defects.
When do you need an audit?
- When commissioning, transfering, reselling, or renting a facility, which has undergone numerous redevelopment and modernizations without further adjustments documentation;
- Commissioning previously preserved, abandoned or reconstructed sites;
- When deciding necessity for reconstruction or repair works for a site, the results of the audit are used as materials for the preparation of construction documentation;
- When dealing with controversial issues (for example, the correctness of calculations and connections of power supply networks, accounting of energy consumption levels of tenants, subtenants and others.)
- Some audit reports (e.g., electric measurement protocols, recovered documentation etc.) can be used separately to be provided to various authorities.
The boundaries of the audit
Audit’s beginning point is the power meter at the suppliers site or the point on the network for which the customer is responsible at a specific site.
Types of activities carried out in the audit process:
- Checking the availability of documentation of network engineering facilities and comparison of relevant documentation at the site. In many cases, the documentation is partially or fully missing, and often does not correspond to the real situation. In such cases during the audit process full or partial set of documentation describing state of the network is developed. It also checks for contracts with powersupply companies, availability and terms of measurement protocols, various registers, periods of validity checks of equipment and control devices (meters), and others.
- Inventory of equipment, layout of equipment and connecting routes and lines, evaluation / classification networks with the current regulations.
- Checking the status of engineering networks and individual components and their compliance with applicable regulations. Drawing up a list of observations and recommendations for correcting any detected issues.
- Measurements. Depending on the type of utilities, the audit can be carried as complex of electrical measurements, measurement of the parameters of ventilation networks and others. Data from measurement and control devices in the facility can also be checked and analyzed. If necessary, additional measurements can be carried out, for example, thermo graphic survey, electric analyzer installation, measuring levels of light, noise, etc..
- Carrying out calculations. During the audit technical and economic calculations can be applied if necessary. For example, the assessment of lower power consumption, the economic effect of the introduction of more modern lighting systems at the facility and others.